Miami RB Storm Johnson transferring
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Running back Storm Johnson is transferring out of Miami.
Hurricanes coach Al Golden made the announcement Tuesday night, saying the school will assist Johnson in the transfer process.
Johnson discussed the possibility of transferring from Miami at times last season, when he had nine carries for 119 yards as a freshman. Of those nine carries, four were for at least 10 yards, including a 71-yard burst against South Florida for his only Miami touchdown.
Johnson is the fifth Miami player to seek a transfer this month. Johnson is from Loganville, Ga., and was projected to open 2011 as the Hurricanes' third-string running back.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
- A&M, UCLA agree to home-and-home series
- Wife believes Sandusky 'definitely' innocent
- McCarron: Feel like I'm best QB in the draft
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Miami Hurricanes Replica Football