Zach Brown to transfer to Pitt
PITTSBURGH -- Running back Zach Brown will transfer from Wisconsin to Pitt and will be immediately eligible because he's already earned his bachelor's degree and played only three seasons for the Badgers, the Big East school announced on Thursday.
A native of Royal Palm Beach, Fla., the 5-foot-10, 220-pound Brown rushed for 1,152 yards and 11 touchdowns on 240 carries at Wisconsin.
"Unlike a younger player, Zach arrives with invaluable experience and a strong understanding of what it is like to play major college football," Pitt coach Todd Graham said. "We expect him to be an immediate asset in our backfield."
Brown's decision was certainly not rushed. He spent three days visiting Pitt's campus before making it official.
In Graham's first season, the Panthers will try to wash away the sting of an 8-5 season last year, former coach Dave Wannstedt's last.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Missouri AD grateful, regretful in stepping down
- No. 1 QB Murray stays with A&M after UT visit
- McCain: Time to talk legalizing sports betting
- Seahawks' Sherman, Bennett rip 'scam' NCAA
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Pitt Panthers Blue 'hail To Pitt' 2014 Fan T-shirt