AUSTIN, Texas -- Texas wide receiver Marquise Goodwin will skip the 2011 season to concentrate on track after qualifying for the world championships in the long jump.
Goodwin also plans to train for the 2012 Olympics in London. He will redshirt during the 2011 football season with plans to return in 2012 as a junior in eligibility.
Goodwin won the long jump at the U.S. championships with a personal-best mark of 27 feet, 4 inches to qualify for the world championships.
Goodwin has caught 61 passes for 603 yards and two touchdowns for Texas over the past two seasons.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Texas Longhorns Full-Size Autograph Football
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider