No. 1s: LSU, Stanford, Tennessee, Michigan St.
Updated: March 2, 2005, 6:24 PM ETBy Charlie Creme | Special to ESPN.com
Editor's note: Charlie Creme will project the 2005 NCAA Tournament bracket several more times leading into Selection Sunday. Click here for a glance at this month's field of 64.You've already seen which teams we predict to reach the 2005 NCAA Tournament. Now here's who they'll play in the first round: Note: Teams predicted to win their conferences' automatic bids are followed by their respective league names in parentheses.
(1) LSU (SEC) vs. (16) Holy Cross (Patriot)
(8) Louisiana Tech (WAC) vs. (9) Wisconsin-Green Bay (Horizon)
(5) Florida State vs. (12) Old Dominion
(4) Connecticut vs. (13) Eastern Kentucky (OVC)
(6) Virginia vs. (11) Southern California
(3) Texas vs. (14) UC Santa Barbara (Big West)
Chapel Hill, N.C
(7) TCU vs. (10) Boston College
(2) North Carolina (ACC) vs. (15) Central Florida (Atlantic Sun)
(1) Stanford (Pac-10) vs. (16) Alcorn State (SWAC)
(8) New Mexico (MWC) vs. (9) Iowa
(5) DePaul (C-USA) vs. (12) Delaware (Colonial)
(4) Texas Tech vs. (13) Liberty (Big South )
(3) Minnesota vs. (14) Bowling Green (MAC)
(6) Arizona State vs. (11) Nebraska
Chapel Hill, N.C.
(7) Georgia vs. (10) Villanova
(2) Duke vs. (15) Coppin State (MEAC)
(1) Tennessee vs. (16) St. Francis (Pa.) (NEC)
(8) Utah vs. (9) Richmond
(5) Penn State vs. (12) Chattanooga (Southern)
(4) NC State vs. (13) Western Kentucky (Sun Belt)
(3) Rutgers (Big East) vs. (14) Maine (America East)
(6) Iowa State vs. (11) Southwest Missouri State (MVC)
College Park, Md.
(7) Maryland vs. (10) Mississippi
(2) Ohio State vs. (15) Western Illinois (Mid-Continent)
(1) Michigan State (Big Ten) vs. (16) Dartmouth (Ivy)
(8) Arizona vs. (9) Virginia Tech
(5) Kansas State vs. (12) Purdue
(4) Temple (A-10) vs. (13) Montana (Big Sky)
College Park, Md.
(3) Notre Dame vs. (14) Marist (MAAC)
(6) Vanderbilt vs. (11) Louisville
(7) Oregon vs. (10) Gonzaga (WCC)
(2) Baylor (Big 12) vs. (15) Texas-Arlington (Southland) Charlie Creme can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MORE WOMEN'S BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Chancellor: UNC fraud 'compounded by inaction'
- Judge grants motion to strike Summitt reference
- Mo'ne ad appearance won't affect eligibility
- Tenth-ranked junior Landrum commits to Baylor