Stanford snaps UConn's win streak
Pohlen nets 31 points as Cardinal slow down game, dominate Huskies throughout
STANFORD, Calif. -- Stanford wasn't really thinking all that much about the history, either its own against UConn or that of women's basketball in general.
This was more about the chalkboard and video and practice and repetition, the stuff Cardinal coach Tara VanDerveer so dearly loves. It was about facing a great program but knowing there were things to expose -- and then actually doing that.
UConn's winning streak -- which had stretched to 90 and brought the ...
Read full story
Stanford Stops UConn Streak
Stanford was the last team to beat UConn. It's now the latest, as the No. 8 Cardinal snapped the top-ranked Huskies' 90-game streak with Thursday's 71-59 victory at Maples Pavilion.
Stories• Voepel: Stanford outplays UConn in 71-59 win
• Stanford ends historic 90-game streak
• espnW: Mixed emotions as UConn streak ends
• UConn's streak by the numbers
• Memorable UConn wins along the way to 90
Video• SportsCenter Highlight of the Night
• Tara VanDerveer: Pohlen is 'glue to team'
• Geno Auriemma: 'Give credit to Stanford'
• Rebecca Lobo: UConn will learn from loss
• Defensive focus was the key for Stanford