ESPN.com wants to give you a quick look inside the lives of the players we cover. So we've picked the brains of some of the top athletes out there and will share their answers throughout the NCAA Tournament.
Duke's Alana Beard
1. Why do you wear the jersey number you do?
I wore it in high school.
2. What's the one personal item you never leave behind on a road trip?
3. What's your favorite CD/song to listen to before games, and who sings it?
Mary Mary's Thankful.
4. Who's the one singer/band you can't go long without listening to?
Mary Mary and Usher.
5. What's your must-see TV program?
Golden Girls and The Nanny.
6. If you could compete on any reality TV show, which one would it be?
Married By America.
7. What's your favorite non-basketball movie?
What Women Want.
8. What's your favorite non-basketball activity?
9. What's one thing most people don't know about you?
I have 36 pairs of shoes (non-dressy). I'm a shoe freak.
10. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
11. If you could be on the cover of any one magazine, which one would it be?
Oprah or Fortune.
12. Do you have a tattoo? What is it? Where is it? If no, what would you get if you ever did get a tattoo?
I would never get a tattoo.
13. Who's your favorite cartoon character, and why?
SpongeBob SquarePants. He is very sarcastic and funny.
14. Do you have a favorite author?
15. What's the worst class you ever took, and why?
Religion, New Testament, because I didn't learn anything. The professor was boring, and because it was from a historical prospective rather than a belief perspective. Also, Iciss Tillis being there didn't help. The girl is funny.
16. What name would you give to your first child?
Jordan or Christian.
17. When you're done playing basketball, what sort of career do you want to pursue?
18. What was your parents' favorite saying when you were a kid?
"I told you so."
19. Who's the best singer/actor: J-Lo, Madonna or Queen Latifah?
20. Do you think we should go to war with Iraq?