Stand And Deliver
Joe Nicholson/US Presswire
The Terps couldn't solve do-it-all guard Candice Wiggins.
In her last chance at a Final Four, Stanford senior Candice Wiggins willed her team past top-seeded Maryland in the regional final. Wiggins turned in her second 40-plus-point performance -- a tourney record -- to end the Terps' season. Ted Miller | Watch
Crystal Langhorne didn't get her first choice of jersey number when she arrived at Maryland. It turns out her second choice, No. 1, was a much better fit for the Terps' top player. Story
More from ESPN.com
ESPN.com: Parker is POY, headlines All-America teams|
Candace Parker, voted ESPN.com's 2007-08 national player of the year, also headlines our All-America teams.
Experts' picks: Parker, Moore lead the way|
Three out of four ESPN.com contributors picked Candace Parker over Maya Moore for player of the year. But both players earned several nods in our end-of-the-year selections.
NCAA tournament history|
Track the history of the Big Dance, including year-by-year winners and most outstanding players.
All-NCAA tournament teams|
See which five players have been tabbed as the best in the Big Dance every season since 1982.
- Tournament Dish: ACC feeling empty
- No. 2 Stanford tops 1-seed Maryland for Final Four
- Tournament Dish: Fear the Turtle
- Maryland turns up defense, breezes past Vandy
- Appel lifts up Wiggins, Stanford in win over Pitt
- Zellous, Walker carry Pitt over Baylor, to Sweet 16
- Wiggins ties school-best with 44 in Stanford win
- Maryland blows 15-point lead but beats Nebraska