Rutgers falls out of top 10 in ESPN/USA Today poll
Connecticut remained No. 1 in the ESPN/USA Today women's basketball Top 25, but Rutgers slipped from second to 11th thanks to a pair of losses to ranked teams.
The top five teams in the ESPN/USA Today poll:
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. For the complete ESPN/USA Today preseason poll, click here.
UConn picked up all 31 first-place votes and is now 3-0 on the season. North Carolina moved up one spot to second and is 5-0, followed by California (3-0), Oklahoma (3-1) and Texas A&M (3-0).
Rutgers lost at No. 6 California and No. 8 Stanford on a West Coast trip.
Duke, which was fifth, fell to 13th after losing to Hartford.
Stanford, Baylor, Louisville, Texas and Notre Dame round out the top 10.
This week's rankings mark the first time since the 2004-05 preseason poll on Nov. 15, 2004 -- 77 consecutive polls -- that the ESPN/USA Today Top 25 hasn't had at least two ACC teams in the top 10.
MORE WOMEN'S BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- WNBA, players' union agree to 8-year CBA
- WBCA coach of year award honors Summitt
- Middle Tenn. gives Insell 1,000th career win
- Oregon won't renew coach Westhead's contract
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM