ESPN.com's top five at each position
BEST IN THE BUSINESS
Last season, the center position seemed more talented and deep than ever. Now, the power forwards are taking center stage. That was the only position on this list in which all five players were unanimous choices. UConn was the only team to put two players among our picks for the best at each position, but Tennessee led the way with three overall selections. Baylor, Ohio State, Stanford and Xavier each had two players honored. The player listed first below was voted the top player at her position, as determined by a panel consisting of ESPN.com's Mechelle Voepel, Graham Hays, Charlie Creme and Melanie Jackson. The other four honorees are listed alphabetically.
|Point guard||Shooting guard||Small forward||Power forward||Center|
She's faster with the ball than most are without it.
-- Charlie Creme
More than Moore's sidekick, Hayes has an uncanny knack of stepping up when UConn needs it most.
-- Melanie Jackson
Her career has shadowed UConn legend Diana Taurasi's in so many ways.
-- Mechelle Voepel
She's quicker, stronger, can jump higher and is smarter than you.
-- Graham Hays
A sport-changing presence without even fully understanding her physical gifts.
-- Graham Hays
|Elena Delle Donne
The following players received at least one vote from our contributors: Amy Jaeschke, Northwestern; Paris Johnson, San Diego State; Shenise Johnson, Miami; Italee Lucas, North Carolina; Kristen McCarthy, Temple; Sarah Miles, West Virginia; Jeanette Pohlen, Stanford; Chastity Reed, UALR; Sugar Rodgers, Georgetown.
MORE WOMEN'S BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- S. Carolina still No. 1 as Stanford falls to 16
- St. John's gives coach Tartamella an extension
- Stewart leads No. 2 UConn in rout of UCLA
- Davenport layup sends Texas by Texas A&M
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2010-11 Season Preview
Get ready for 2010-11 with ESPN.com's women's college basketball preview.
Friday, Nov. 12• ESPN.com's Preseason All-Americans
• Maya Moore three-peat: Preseason POY
• Predictions: League winners, five contenders
• Voepel: Baylor a Final Four favorite
Thursday, Nov. 11• Voepel: Summitt optimistic at Tennessee
• Hays: Elite Eight losers back for more
• Hays: Mid-major players to watch
• Hays: Mid-major top 10 (and then some)
Wednesday, Nov. 10• Top five players at each position
• Hays: 10 more players to watch
• Voepel: VanDerveer just 'giddy' at Stanford
Tuesday, Nov. 9• Voepel: Coach G's Texas-sized task
• Hays: Thomas, McCallie united at Duke
• Hays: No keeping down Iowa's Alexander
Monday, Nov. 8• ESPN.com preseason top 10
• Voepel: A look at 2010-11
• Hays: UConn must be more than Moore
• ESPN The Mag: Brittney Griner's ready