TCU rallies to beatNo. 22 Utah

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -- Natasha Lacy's 10th rebound of the game
meant much more than her seventh double-double of the season.

It also gave her the game-winning shot in TCU's 63-62 victory
over No. 17 Utah on Thursday, ending the Utes' seven-game winning
streak and Utah's chances of winning the Mountain West Conference
regular-season title.

Lacy, who gave TCU a 61-59 lead on a pull-up jumper in the lane
with about 30 seconds left, won it when she grabbed the ball after
TCU's Adrianne Ross missed and banked it in with 2.2 seconds

"I knew she had to shoot it and I just knew if it was coming
off, I was going to get it," said Lacy, who finished with 15
points and 10 rebounds.

The Lady Frogs (16-10, 10-5) also spoiled the final home
appearance for Utah seniors Kim Smith -- the school's all-time
scoring leader -- and career assists leader Shona Thorburn. Smith
finished with 19 points, but fouled out with 7:25 remaining.

Thorburn scored 12, including a tying 3-pointer in the final
minute, and had seven assists and seven rebounds.

"It was a tough way to finish out a great career here," Smith

Utah (20-6, 11-4) still had a chance at the top seed in the
Mountain West Tournament next week, but the loss and No. 18 Brigham
Young's 69-67 win at Colorado State guaranteed it for BYU.

TCU is playing its first season in the league and making an
impression, winning four of five. Lacy had promised the school
paper a victory in Thursday's game.

"I didn't want to put my foot in my mouth, so I guess I had to
make the shot," Lacy said.

Utah had just taken a 62-61 lead on Jessica Perry's rebound
basket off a missed free throw by Utah's Morgan Warburton, who had
made her first shot but was short on the second.

TCU fell behind by 15 in the first half, but led for much of the
second as Utah went cold from behind the arc.

After Smith fouled out, Thorburn set up the thrilling ending
when she made a 3-pointer to tie it at 59. Lacy answered with a
pull-up jumper in the lane to give TCU a 61-59 lead with 30.8
seconds left.

Warburton drew a foul and got the Utes within a point with her
first free throw, and Utah went back ahead when Perry grabbed the
ball and put it off the backboard. TCU had enough time to set up a
play and after Adrianne Ross' attempt in the lane was blocked, Lacy
got the loose ball and made the winning shot.

"We had enough time to get a shot and a putback and that's
exactly what happened," TCU coach Jeff Mittie said.

Utah couldn't get the ball past midcourt before the buzzer

Ashley Davis finished with 15 points. Ross finished with 10

Perry scored 12 for Utah, which made its first six 3-point
attempts then struggled to make shots the rest of the game. Utah
finished 22-of-57 from the field, including 9-for-18 from 3-point