8:30 PM ET, April 8, 2008
St. Pete Times Forum, Tampa, Florida
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) -- Though bruised and braced, an injured left shoulder hardly prevented Candace Parker from hoisting that championship trophy on high for one last time.
History Repeats Itself
Repeat performances are more common than not in NCAA title games. With Tennessee's win on Tuesday, defending champs improved to 6-1 in the championship bout.
• Pat Summit improved to 104-19 in the NCAA tournament.
• The Lady Vols won their 12 straight tourney game.
• Tennessee defeated Stanford for the 12th time in 13 tries. The Lady Vols improved to 3-0 against the Cardinal in the NCAA tournament.
• Stanford's 23-game win was snapped.
• Cardinal standout Candice Wiggins, who averaged 27.4 points per game in the tourney, scored just 14 in the title game.
-- ESPN Research