5:30 PM ET, December 23, 2009
UConn overpowers Stanford in second half for 49th straight victory
HARTFORD, Conn. -- UConn turned its showdown with No. 2 Stanford into another rout.Still, the top-ranked Huskies considered it just another win.
• The Huskies outscored the Cardinal 42-28 in the second half and extended their winning streak to 49 games, the third-longest all-time in women's D-I history.
• UConn trailed 40-38 at the half, their first halftime deficit since the 2008 Final Four semifinal against Stanford, which was also its last loss.
• The Huskies have won their last six No. 1-vs.-No. 2 matchups and are 11-2 in those games.
• Maya Moore led UConn with 23 points, her fourth straight game with more than 20 points.
• Tina Charles got her third double-double of the season with 20 points and 12 rebounds.
• Stanford fell to 1-4 in No. 1-vs.-No. 2 matchups, including going 0-4 away from home.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||26-56 (.464)||35-73 (.479)|
|3P Made-Attempted||5-13 (.385)||3-20 (.150)|
|FT Made-Attempted||11-15 (.733)||7-11 (.636)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||13 (0/0)||17 (0/0)|