Yanks' Posada could go to DL
"At this point, we are not DL'ing him," Joe Girardi said prior to the Yankees-Orioles game on Tuesday night.
The Yankees play Wednesday afternoon against the Orioles before a day off Thursday. Next, they go to Fenway to face the Red Sox.
"We are probably not going to play him the next two days," Girardi said. "I think we have to take a look at him on Friday to see where he is at."
On Monday, Posada left in the sixth inning. He underwent an MRI that revealed the mild strain. On Tuesday, he felt that the calf was improving. He said that he could pinch-hit and catch in an emergency.
"Running is going to be tough," Posada said.
Posada, 38, said he really has "no idea" how long he would be out because he has never had this type of injury before.
"He doesn't really have a lot of pain," Girardi said. "He walks normal. We just have to see how that reacts over the next few days to treatment."
- CC: 'I Sucked'
- CC Sabathia said he had fun Tuesday, but admitted he was far from sharp.
- Source: It's 'Pretty Much Done'
- Source: Phil Jackson will be a Knick by the week's end.
- Brown Staying Blue
- Stevie Brown will re-sign with the Giants, the safety announced via Twitter.
- Full 4ce
- The Knicks captured their fourth straight win with a victory over the Sixers.
- Later, Holmes
- The Jets released often-injured wide receiver Santonio Holmes on Monday.
- Majestic Men's Authentic New York Yankees Masahiro Tanaka #19 Cool Base Road Grey On-Field Jersey
MORE MLB HEADLINES