Vazquez's next start still up in air
Vazquez bruised his right index finger while bunting against the New York Mets on Friday night.
"Gripping the ball was OK," Vazquez said. "I should be able to throw the bullpen Monday or Tuesday."
Before the injury, Vazquez was cruising against the Mets. He had allowed just one hit while walking two and striking out six in six innings of work.
Information from The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- All About The Benjamins?
- If Carmelo Anthony stays in New York, he should admit that it's about the money.
- Tanaka Taken Deep
- Masahiro Tanaka, making his first spring start, allowed his first home run.
- Getting It Wright
- David Wright says he feels more prepared now than he has in recent spring trainings.
- Blue Streak
- The newest Ranger hasn't had much time to reflect on the past 24 hours.
- 'We Deserve Better'
- A group of fed up Knicks fans plan to protest before a game on March 19.
- Majestic Women's New York Yankees League Diva Navy/Grey Fashion Top
MORE MLB HEADLINES