MLB clears Oliver Perez's injury
Major League Baseball is satisfied with left-hander Oliver Perez's placement on the disabled list with right knee tendinitis and will not pursue nullifying the maneuver.
Looking for more information on the Mets? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog
Perez had abruptly landed on the DL on Saturday to clear roster room for left-hander Jon Niese after declining to go to the minor leagues.
The Mets had Perez take an MRI on Friday at the Hospital for Special Surgery. After reviewing the medical material, MLB has declined to pursue the matter further.
- Phil Leans Toward Knicks
- Phil Jackson is leaning toward taking a front-office job with the Knicks.
- Three Wishes
- The Knicks' playoff hopes are alive, thanks to a two-game winning streak.
- Manny Happy Returns
- After nearly two years, Manny Banuelos took the mound for the Yankees.
- Thor Is Mortal
- Noah Syndergaard wasn't as sharp in his second outing of the spring.
- Still A Chance To Dance
- The Johnnies beat Marquette in double OT, keeping their NCAA tourney hopes alive.
- '47 Brand Men's New York Mets Cuddyhook Mesh Flex Hat
MORE MLB HEADLINES