Derek Jeter working in batting cage
TAMPA, Fla. -- Derek Jeter has added a new dimension to his pre-spring training workout.
More On The Yankees
Want to get the scoop on everything in pinstripes? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog
The New York Yankees captain, coming off a down season, worked in a batting cage Wednesday with hitting coach Kevin Long.
The 36-year old Jeter has a career batting average of .314, but hit just .270 last season. Long and Jeter are scheduled to have another session on Thursday at the Yankees' minor league complex.
Jeter started on-field drills two weeks ago.
New Yankees catcher Russell Martin also worked with Long and had a throwing session in the outfield.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
- Hot In Cleveland?
- Carmelo Anthony and the Knicks look good so far, but can they hold off the Cavs?
- Phil Leans Toward Knicks
- Phil Jackson is leaning toward taking a front-office job with the Knicks.
- Manny Happy Returns
- After nearly two years, Manny Banuelos took the mound for the Yankees.
- Thor Is Mortal
- Noah Syndergaard wasn't as sharp in his second outing of the spring.
- Still A Chance To Dance
- The Johnnies beat Marquette in double OT, keeping their NCAA tourney hopes alive.
- The Highland Mint Derek Jeter New York Yankees Panoramic Photo Mint
MORE MLB HEADLINES