Alex Rodriguez returns to Yanks' lineup
TORONTO -- Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez was back in the lineup against the Blue Jays on Wednesday after missing the past two games because of a sore left side.
More On The Yankees
Want to get the scoop on everything in pinstripes? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog
He walked twice and had a sacrifice fly in his first three plate appearances before striking out swinging in the seventh and going down looking in the ninth. The Yankees won 6-2.
Rodriguez left injured in the seventh inning of Saturday's victory over Texas. He entered Wednesday batting .385 with four homers and nine RBIs, and he leads the AL in on-base percentage (.500) and slugging percentage (.821).
Yankees manager Joe Girardi wanted to see how A-Rod felt after going through batting practice, but said he expected him to play. On Tuesday, Rodriguez hit in the cage, took grounders and played catch but did not take BP.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
- King Among Kings
- Marcus Thornton had himself a night versus his ex-team, helping dethrone the Kings.
- Long Live The King
- The Rangers demolished the Red Wings, improving their playoff position.
- Gotta Go, Cro
- Antonio Cromartie's stint with the Jets has ended after one of his worst seasons.
- Spring Fever
- We take the Yanks' temperature after what has been a healthy camp.
- Quick Study?
- Would it be smart for the Knicks to ask Phil Jackson to coach, too?
- Majestic Men's Authentic New York Yankees Alex Rodriguez #13 Home White On-Field Jersey
MORE MLB HEADLINES