Cashman: LeBron will be a Knick
Brian Cashman believes they have the only shot.
"LeBron James is going to be a Knick," the New York Yankees' general manager said Monday after hearing the news that Amare Stoudemire had agreed in principle to play his home games at Madison Square Garden.
"I'm convinced of it. New York is the place that will allow LeBron to be the player and person he wants to be, and it's all coming together. Just listen, LeBron James will be a Knick."
Cashman conceded he was going solely on gut instinct. But that gut instinct was right on the $423.5 million offseason score of CC Sabathia, Mark Teixeira and A.J. Burnett that inspired the Yankees' 27th World Series title.
On cue, James arrived at his Akron basketball camp Monday wearing a Yankees cap.
- All About The Benjamins?
- If Carmelo Anthony stays in New York, he should admit that it's about the money.
- Tanaka Taken Deep
- Masahiro Tanaka, making his first spring start, allowed his first home run.
- Getting It Wright
- David Wright says he feels more prepared now than he has in recent spring trainings.
- Blue Streak
- The newest Ranger hasn't had much time to reflect on the past 24 hours.
- 'We Deserve Better'
- A group of fed up Knicks fans plan to protest before a game on March 19.
- adidas Youth Miami Heat LeBron James Replica Revolution 30 Black Basketball Jersey
MORE NBA HEADLINES