Devin Harris tossed for flagrant 2 foul
Looking for more Nets news? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog »
LOS ANGELES -- New Jersey leading scorer Devin Harris was ejected from the Nets' 110-96 win against the Los Angeles Clippers on Monday night following a Grade 2 flagrant foul he committed against rookie Blake Griffin.
The incident occurred with 6:42 left in the second quarter and the Nets leading 38-27. Griffin got a long lead pass from DeAndre Jordan after Jordan's interception of Harris' pass and was heading for the basket when Harris reached over Griffin's shoulders with both hands and pulled him to the floor from behind.
Griffin, the No. 1 pick in the 2009 draft, landed hard on his left shoulder, but stayed in the game and made one of the two free throws.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
- All About The Benjamins?
- If Carmelo Anthony stays in New York, he should admit that it's about the money.
- Tanaka Taken Deep
- Masahiro Tanaka, making his first spring start, allowed his first home run.
- Getting It Wright
- David Wright says he feels more prepared now than he has in recent spring trainings.
- Blue Streak
- The newest Ranger hasn't had much time to reflect on the past 24 hours.
- 'We Deserve Better'
- A group of fed up Knicks fans plan to protest before a game on March 19.
MORE NBA HEADLINES