NEW YORK -- Madison Square Garden is set to add an historic West Coast arena to its properties with a deal to buy the Forum.
The New York-based company said in a statement Thursday it has reached an agreement for "the option to purchase the LA Forum, subject to due diligence and other conditions."
Once known as the "Fabulous Forum," the arena in Inglewood, Calif., was home to the NBA's Los Angeles Lakers and the NHL's Los Angeles Kings until 1999, when they left for the new Staples Center. Taken over by Faithful Central Bible Church in 2000, the Forum still hosts concerts and other events.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
- Leaning In
- Phil Jackson is leaning toward taking a front-office job with the Knicks.
- Rock And Roll
- The Knicks got the win over the lowly Cavaliers in Cleveland.
- Manny Happy Returns
- After nearly two years, Manny Banuelos took the mound for the Yankees.
- Thor Is Mortal
- Noah Syndergaard wasn't as sharp in his second outing of the spring.
- Still A Chance To Dance
- The Johnnies beat Marquette in double OT, keeping their NCAA tourney hopes alive.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES