Report: Deron Williams out two games
The New Jersey Nets anticipate that point guard Deron Williams will miss the next two games, head coach Avery Johnson told the Bergen (N.J.) Record after Tuesday's practice. Williams is in Dallas with his wife for the birth of their fourth child.
Looking for more information on the Nets? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog
The Nets would be without Williams for Wednesday night's game against the Golden State Warriors and Friday night's game against the Los Angeles Clippers. Johnson said he expects Williams to return over the weekend, in time for Monday night's matchup with the Boston Celtics.
The Nets will also be without the services of rookie small forward Damion James (concussion) for the next two games. James suffered the concussion in Saturday's 137-136 triple-overtime victory over the Toronto Raptors in London.
In five games with New Jersey, Williams is averaging 15.8 points and 15.2 assists. However, because of a nagging strained right wrist injury, he's shooting just .365 percent from the field. Williams has said it will take three or four weeks for that injury to heal.
Michael Mazzeo is a regular contributor to ESPNNewYork.com.
- Hot In Cleveland
- Carmelo Anthony and the Knicks look good so far, but can they hold off the Cavs?
- Phil Leans Toward Knicks
- Phil Jackson is leaning toward taking a front-office job with the Knicks.
- Manny Happy Returns
- After nearly two years, Manny Banuelos took the mound for the Yankees.
- Thor Is Mortal
- Noah Syndergaard wasn't as sharp in his second outing of the spring.
- Still A Chance To Dance
- The Johnnies beat Marquette in double OT, keeping their NCAA tourney hopes alive.
MORE NBA HEADLINES