Looking for more Knicks news? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog »
The procedure Wednesday was to repair a torn labrum. The team says the surgery, performed by team orthopedist Dr. Answorth Allen at the Hospital for Special Surgery, was successful.
The Knicks said the expected recovery time was 12 to 16 weeks.
Coach Mike D'Antoni said during the playoffs that Douglas' shoulder was bothering him. The reserve guard was forced to start the final three games of a first-round sweep against Boston because starter Chauncey Billups was out with a left knee injury, and Douglas shot only 3 for 11 for six points in the finale.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
- No Laughing Matter
- The Knicks need Phil Jackson, and James Dolan needs to hand him the keys.
- Take Two
- The Knicks notched their second win in a row Friday, dominating the Jazz.
- Beantown Beatdown
- The Nets' four game winning streak was snapped in Boston.
- Game Changer
- Michael Pineda was very impressive in his first exhibition outing Friday.
- 'I Ran Into A Truck'
- Wright went 0-for-3 in his debut, while Murphy narrowly avoided injury.
- adidas Men's New York Knicks Alternate Ultimate Black T-Shirt
MORE NBA HEADLINES