NEWARK, N.J. -- Seton Hall has settled a wrongful termination lawsuit brought by former men's basketball coach Bobby Gonzalez.
School spokeswoman Holly Wojcik confirms a settlement has been reached but says the terms are confidential.
Gonzalez is known for his brash, aggressive style and was fired March 17 after Seton Hall lost in the opening round of the NIT. School officials referred to off-court problems when they announced his firing.
Gonzalez claimed in the suit that he had been fired without cause and was owed two years of salary.
An attorney for Gonzalez did not immediately return a message.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
- Halfway Home
- There's still a path to the postseason for the Knicks. It starts tonight.
- Getting Their Phil?
- Sources: The Knicks met with Phil Jackson about becoming their next coach.
- Emotional Second Act
- Paul Pierce expects to be emotional in his return trip to Boston on Friday.
- 'I Ran Into A Truck'
- Wright went 0-for-3 in his debut, while Murphy narrowly avoided injury.
- Beltran's Heroes
- Who does new Yankee Carlos Beltran look up to? We sat down for a Q&A.