Taylor sued for more than $15,000

Updated: May 20, 2010, 12:27 PM ET
Associated Press

MIAMI -- Former NFL star Lawrence Taylor is being sued over a South Florida car crash last year in which he was charged with leaving the scene of an accident with property damage.

Police said Taylor struck a van on Nov. 8 on an expressway. He told police he thought he had hit a guardrail. No serious injuries were reported.

E-mails sent Thursday to Taylor's attorney and agent were not immediately returned.

The lawsuit filed Wednesday in Miami-Dade Circuit Court says 51-year-old Manuel Villari Castillo suffered life-altering injuries and loss of income because of the accident. The lawsuit seeks over $15,000 in damages.

Taylor is charged in New York with raping a 16-year-old runaway who police said was forced into prostitution by a man who had beaten her up.


Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

SPONSORED HEADLINES

EDITORS' PICKS

  • Let's Play Two!
    Ernie Banks ought to love today's split doubleheader at Yankee Stadium.
  • Time's Up?
    Carmelo Anthony is done for the season with a small tear in his labrum.
  • Glory In Defeat
    Brooklyn, the true winner in this town, shouldn't hang its head after Tuesday's loss.
  • Manhattan Transfer
    Lamar Odom could be coming home to NYC. Good move for the Knicks?
  • Taking A Nieuw Approach
    Kirk Nieuwenhuis is happy to have assimilated so quickly back into the Mets fold.

ALSO SEE

MORE NFL HEADLINES