Taylor sued for more than $15,000

Updated: May 20, 2010, 12:27 PM ET
Associated Press

MIAMI -- Former NFL star Lawrence Taylor is being sued over a South Florida car crash last year in which he was charged with leaving the scene of an accident with property damage.

Police said Taylor struck a van on Nov. 8 on an expressway. He told police he thought he had hit a guardrail. No serious injuries were reported.

E-mails sent Thursday to Taylor's attorney and agent were not immediately returned.

The lawsuit filed Wednesday in Miami-Dade Circuit Court says 51-year-old Manuel Villari Castillo suffered life-altering injuries and loss of income because of the accident. The lawsuit seeks over $15,000 in damages.

Taylor is charged in New York with raping a 16-year-old runaway who police said was forced into prostitution by a man who had beaten her up.


Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

SPONSORED HEADLINES

EDITORS' PICKS

ALSO SEE

MORE NFL HEADLINES