Injured Hixon let go by Giants
The team then signed wide receiver Adam Jennings, a 2006 sixth-round pick of Atlanta.
Hixon underwent surgery 10 days ago after suffering a season-ending knee injury during the team's first practice on the new turf at the New Meadowlands Stadium last month.
If Hixon clears waivers, however, the Giants are expected to place the popular wide receiver on injured reserve.
The Giants have been searching for a returner to replace Hixon, who was the team's best punt and kickoff returner. Sinorice Moss, Mario Manningham and Aaron Ross are still candidates to become the team's punt returner.
- '2014 Harvey Day Will Happen'
- Matt Harvey tweeted that he intends to pitch this year.
- Game Changer
- Michael Pineda was very impressive in his first exhibition outing Friday.
- No Laughing Matter
- The Knicks need Phil Jackson, and James Dolan needs to hand him the keys.
- Devin Help Us
- Giants mailbag: Might Big Blue be interested in the great Devin Hester?
- Nowhere To Land
- Jets mailbag: Will Mark Sanchez return or end up somewhere else?
- The Highland Mint Super Bowl XXV Ticket and Game Coin Collection
MORE NFL HEADLINES