Six Jets in first class for Ring of Honor
NEW YORK -- Joe Namath and Curtis Martin are among six Jets greats in the first class of the team's Ring of Honor at its new stadium.
Looking for more on
the green and white? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog »
Weeb Ewbank, Winston Hill, Joe Klecko and Don Maynard will also be enshrined Aug. 16 at halftime of the first game at the New Meadowlands Stadium, the preseason opener between the Jets and Giants.
When Namath made his guarantee that the Jets would beat the Colts in the third Super Bowl, Ewbank was his coach, Hill his left tackle and Maynard his top receiver.
Klecko was a dominant defensive lineman in the early 1980s, and Martin won the league rushing title in 2004.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
- J.R.: Phil Makes 'Bockers Better
- J.R. Smith said the Knicks can learn from Phil Jackson.
- Full 4ce
- The Knicks captured their fourth straight win with a victory over the Sixers.
- Truth Hurts
- Paul Pierce's latest big shot sinks the Atlantic-leading Raptors in Brooklyn.
- Later, Holmes
- The Jets released often-injured wide receiver Santonio Holmes on Monday.
- Sorry, Mai!
- We sat down with Masahiro Tanaka for a Q&A. Did we upset his wife?
- Antigua Men's New York Jets Exceed Polo
MORE NFL HEADLINES