The New York Rangers have called up defenseman Ryan McDonagh from the AHL's Connecticut Whale, while sending down defenseman Michael Del Zotto, president and general manager Glen Sather announced Monday.
The 21-year-old McDonagh has one goal and seven assists in 38 games for Connecticut this season.
McDonagh, Montreal's first round choice in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, was acquired by the Rangers in the trade that sent forward Scott Gomez to the Canadiens.
Del Zotto, 20, was the Rangers first round choice, 20th overall, in the 2008 draft. He's recorded two goals and seven assists in 35 games with the Rangers this season.
- Take Two
- The Knicks notched their second win in a row Friday, dominating the Jazz.
- Beantown Beatdown
- The Nets' four game winning streak was snapped in Boston.
- No Laughing Matter
- The Knicks need Phil Jackson, and James Dolan needs to hand him the keys.
- 'I Ran Into A Truck'
- Wright went 0-for-3 in his debut, while Murphy narrowly avoided injury.
- Game Changer
- Michael Pineda was very impressive in his first exhibition outing Friday.
- Reebok Soft-Touch Men's New York Rangers Michael Del Zotto #4 Player Replica Blue T-Shirt
MORE NHL HEADLINES