Gaborik left during the first period of Sunday's game against the Philadelphia Flyers, but he and the team aren't exactly sure when he suffered the injury.
"Gabby came off the ice [after practice last] Tuesday and just didn't feel good, we weren't sure if it was the flu or whatever it may be," Rangers coach John Tortorella told reporters following Tuesday morning's skate. "Then he played the two games against L.A. and Jersey [Thursday and Friday] and there were no problems.
"He came to me after the first period after our last game against Philly ... and he said he was having problems concentrating, and I said, 'You've got to go see [trainer Jim Ramsay].' "
Gaborik missed time earlier this season due to a shoulder injury and was benched in mid-January in the midst of a scoring slump. He has 17 goals in 47 games this season.
- Game Changer
- Michael Pineda was very impressive in his first exhibition outing Friday.
- '2014 Harvey Day Will Happen'
- Matt Harvey tweeted that he intends to pitch this year.
- No Laughing Matter
- The Knicks need Phil Jackson, and James Dolan needs to hand him the keys.
- Take Two
- The Knicks notched their second win in a row Friday, dominating the Jazz.
- Beantown Beatdown
- The Nets' four game winning streak was snapped in Boston.
- Reebok Men's Columbus Blue Jackets Marian Gaborik #10 Navy Cyber Name and Number T-Shirt
MORE NHL HEADLINES