Isles get rights to Christian Ehrhoff
Keep up with every signing in the NHL and see which players are still available.
Free Agents »
The deal, completed Tuesday, gives the Islanders exclusive negotiating rights with Ehrhoff, who could become an unrestricted free agent Friday. New York traded a fourth-round pick in next year's draft to Vancouver.
Ehrhoff had 14 goals, 36 assists and a plus-19 rating in 79 games with Vancouver. He added two goals and 10 assists during the Canucks' run to the Stanley Cup finals, but was a minus-13 in the postseason.
The Canucks made the move shortly after announcing a new deal to keep defenseman Kevin Bieksa, agreeing to terms on a five-year contract worth $23 million.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
- Inside Job
- If Phil Jackson fulfills the Knicks' needs, he must do so from Manhattan.
- King Among Kings
- Marcus Thornton had himself a night versus his ex-team, helping dethrone the Kings.
- Long Live The King
- The Rangers demolished the Red Wings, improving their playoff position.
- Gotta Go, Cro
- Antonio Cromartie's stint with the Jets has ended after one of his worst seasons.
- Spring Fever
- We take the Yanks' temperature after what has been a healthy camp.
- '47 Brand Men's New York Islanders Top Gun Royal T-Shirt
MORE NHL HEADLINES