Mel Kiper's Summer Audits
Looking at the roster holes and future of every NFL squad pre-training camp
The draft is obviously the focal point of the NFL offseason for me, but it certainly doesn't end there. The picks are only half of the equation. How they fit is where the draft is really made. And part of that has to factor in the personnel that teams have added around them.
So with the draft clearly in mind, let's do a quick summer audit on the situation of every team in the NFL. I'll hit on three key areas:
1. A crucial influx, such as an impact player or position group.
2. A question mark that still lingers.
3. If the team had a chance to pick anyone from the 2011 draft class right now to address a hole, who it would be? (Whether a team has an early pick in next year's draft isn't the issue -- it's just a hypothetical involving top college talent and current needs.)
So call it a checkup and a look ahead wrapped together -- part deep projection, part current need.
Kiper's Summer Audits
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sherman still holds grudge against Crabtree
- Report: Raiders in talks to demolish Coliseum
- Redskins S Jackson banned indefinitely again
- Mathieu advice to Gordon: Pick yourself up