Wroten falls down to the third round
That message was delivered loud and clear by NFL teams on the first day of the 2006 draft. Transgress off the field and, it seems, you regress on teams' draft boards.
Just ask Claude Wroten of LSU, rated by many scouts as the most athletically gifted defensive tackle in this year's talent pool but left undrafted on Saturday until the fourth choice in the third round, when Arizona stopped his free-fall.
Sooner or later, maybe some of these guys ...
Read full story
2006 draft coverage
From inside analysis from Scouts Inc. to reports from Len Pasquarelli, John Clayton and Michael Smith, ESPN.com had the draft covered.
• Clayton: Winners and losers
• Pasquarelli: D dominates
• Smith: Thoughts on Round 1
• Inside analysis: 1st | 2nd | 3rd
• Pasquarelli: Character matters
• Green: Money sways Texans
• Clayton: OTs popular on Day 1
• Wojciechowski: Texans did what?
• Scouts: Draft Q&A
• SportsNation: Vote | Grades
• Photo gallery: First-round picks
• Complete 2006 draft coverage
• Pasquarelli: 2006 draft wrap
• Smith: Vick says he's matured
• Inside analysis: 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th
• Clayton: Skier Bloom drafted
• McShay: Players who slipped
• Clayton: Vets sent packing