Roethlisberger in 2005: '... The safest rider I can be'
In July 2005, ESPN's Andrea Kremer interviewed Ben Roethlisberger shortly after the Cleveland Browns' tight end Kellen Winslow was injured in a motorcycle accident. Portions of that conversation are below:
ESPN: Why do you ride a motorcycle? Roethlisberger: Because I choose to. I want to. It's relaxing to me.
ESPN: Relaxing? Roethlisberger: Very.
ESPN: What kind of rush do you get?
Roethlisberger: Oh, it's not a rush. It's relaxing. A rush is when you're riding a roller coaster. ...
Read full story
• Hospital releases Roethlisberger
• Steelers warned Roethlisberger about riding
• Clayton: Steelers relieved
• Wojciechowski: Enough to convince 'em?
• Report: Roethlisberger didn't have license
• Roethlisberger upgraded to fair condition
• Rovell: Player contracts and motorcycle clauses
• Big Ben undergoes seven hours of surgery after crash
• Big Ben discusses riding in July 2005 interview
• Athletes involved in motorcycle accidents
• Cowher warned Big Ben of riding dangers
• Bill Cowher: A tough lesson, but it should motivate
• Ike Taylor on effect on team
• Bob Holtzman: Hospital scene
• Mark Madden: Local reaction from Pittsburgh
• Roethlisberger interview: morning of the crash