QB was warned he might be jeopardizing contract
Pittsburgh Steelers officials warned quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in writing last year that he might jeopardize portions of his contract, and could suffer financial implications, if he continued to ride a motorcycle.
League and team officials confirmed for ESPN.com on Tuesday night that the Steelers last year sent a letter to Roethlisberger's representatives stating their concerns and the possibility his contract could be affected if he was injured while riding a motorcycle. Agent Leigh ...
Read full story
• Hospital releases Roethlisberger
• Steelers warned Roethlisberger about riding
• Clayton: Steelers relieved
• Wojciechowski: Enough to convince 'em?
• Report: Roethlisberger didn't have license
• Roethlisberger upgraded to fair condition
• Rovell: Player contracts and motorcycle clauses
• Big Ben undergoes seven hours of surgery after crash
• Big Ben discusses riding in July 2005 interview
• Athletes involved in motorcycle accidents
• Cowher warned Big Ben of riding dangers
• Bill Cowher: A tough lesson, but it should motivate
• Ike Taylor on effect on team
• Bob Holtzman: Hospital scene
• Mark Madden: Local reaction from Pittsburgh
• Roethlisberger interview: morning of the crash