Lamar Hunt, Chiefs owner and sports legend, dies at 74
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Lamar Hunt, the soft-spoken son of a Texas oil tycoon whose vision gave birth to the modern NFL, is being remembered as a man who changed the face of pro football.
"Lamar Hunt was one of the most influential owners in professional football over the past 40-plus years," Dan Rooney, chairman of the Pittsburgh Steelers, said Thursday as plans were being made for burial of the 74-year-old sports pioneer.
"He was instrumental in the formation of the American Football ...
Read full story
LAMAR HUNT: 1932-2006
• Pioneering Chiefs owner Lamar Hunt dies at 74
• Hunt remembered at memorial service
• Hunt's death leaves void
• Public memorial service draws 2,500
• Clayton: Hunt always had common touch
• Luksa: Humble Hunt never afraid to think big
• Dell'Apa: Hunt a quiet pioneer of U.S. soccer
• Thoughts and reactions on Lamar Hunt
• Lamar Hunt through the years
• Have Your Say: Your tributes to Lamar Hunt
• Photo gallery: Lamar Hunt