Humble Hunt never afraid to think big
Among the large footprints that dot the NFL landscape is a Gulliver-size set that left a historic trail from Dallas to Kansas City to Canton, Ohio. They belong to Lamar Hunt.
A gentle giant, Hunt shook and shaped the NFL as we know it today. His influence on the future of pro football began in Dallas when, at 28, he had the vision and resources of a multimillionaire to found a new league in 1960. Dallas thus became headquarters of "The Foolish Club," the whimsical nickname for eight original ...
Read full story
LAMAR HUNT: 1932-2006
• Pioneering Chiefs owner Lamar Hunt dies at 74
• Hunt remembered at memorial service
• Hunt's death leaves void
• Public memorial service draws 2,500
• Clayton: Hunt always had common touch
• Luksa: Humble Hunt never afraid to think big
• Dell'Apa: Hunt a quiet pioneer of U.S. soccer
• Thoughts and reactions on Lamar Hunt
• Lamar Hunt through the years
• Have Your Say: Your tributes to Lamar Hunt
• Photo gallery: Lamar Hunt