Finding that quarterback of the future involves a little luck
Even before the final selection was made in the 1999 NFL draft, a lottery in which five passers went off the board among the initial dozen selections, then-San Diego Chargers general manager Bobby Beathard offered a bold assessment of the quarterback quintet.Two of the signal-callers, opined Beathard, one of the best talent evaluators in league history and a man some feel merits strong Hall of Fame consideration, would be gone from the NFL in a few years. Two more likely ...
Read full story
Evolution of Quarterbacks
• Mark Schlabach: Newton on Florida fast track
• Ivan Maisel: Early USC guys get only "little idea"
• ESPNU Podcast: Talking quarterbacks Wednesday
• Mark Schlabach: UGA's early enrollment success
• Jim Donnan: Multiple variables in adjusting for QB
• Video breakdown: Stafford in HS vs. College Thursday
• Len Pasquarelli: Eagles' Kolb looks to shed label
• Todd McShay: Evaluating college QBs for NFL Friday
• Len Pasquarelli: Need some luck in QB hunt
• Len Pasquarelli: Bulger slipped through cracks
• Floyd Reese: Why we chose Young over McNair
• NFL podcast: QBs that are now, next