Garrard to be starting QB; Jags to trade or release Leftwich
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- One of coach Jack Del Rio's first decisions with the Jacksonville Jaguars was drafting Byron Leftwich.
One of his toughest was letting him go.
Del Rio and the Jaguars said Friday they are parting ways with Leftwich after four frustrating, injury-filled seasons. They hope to trade him but are resigned to releasing the former first-round draft pick.
"To make a decision this bold requires some strong conviction, and I have that," Del Rio said.
Read full story
NFL TRAINING CAMPS
The countdown is on toward the start of the 2007 season; rosters were trimmed to 75 by Tuesday and reached 53 by Saturday. The regular season starts Sept. 6 when the Saints visit Indianapolis to face the Super Bowl champion Colts. Camp index
Analysis• Clayton: Waiver claims interesting
• Clayton: Big cutdown day on Saturday
• Redskins re-sign Cooley
• Priest Holmes comeback on hold
• Bengals acquire QB Fitzpatrick from Rams
• Seahawks lose DT Tubbs for season
• DT Simon agrees to deal with Titans
• Pats' Samuel signs one-year franchise tender
• Giants, Strahan have constructive talks
• Ogden passes physical, returns to Ravens roster
• Browns place center Bentley on PUP list
• Roundup: Two-time Olympic skier Bloom cut by Eagles
• Roundup: Steelers' Ward has nose surgery