Taylor dies after being shot at home
ASHBURN, Va. -- Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder's eyes were red. His voice cracked and was barely audible. Next to him sat coach Joe Gibbs, barely more composed.
Safety Sean Taylor 's violent death had left his team in tears and a league in mourning.
"This is a terrible, terrible tragedy," Snyder said.
Taylor died early Tuesday of a gunshot wound from an apparent
intruder, a tragic end for a 24-year-old whose life was transformed
by the birth of a daughter 18 ...
Read full story
Sean Taylor: 1983-2007
Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor died Nov. 27, a day after the Pro Bowl player was shot at home by what police say was an intruder. Four suspects are in custody and have been charged with first-degree felony murder and armed burglary.
• Autopsy shows bullet left through Taylor's left leg
• Three suspects in Taylor shooting denied bail
• Taylor's life celebrated at Florida funeral
• Skins honor Taylor with 10-man defense vs. Bills
• Bail denied for fourth suspect in Taylor shooting
• Four charged with murder in Taylor shooting
• Hurricanes grieve together again Nov. 30
• Four arrests made in connection to Taylor's killing
• Memories and mystery frame Taylor's life
• Portis, Moss discuss Taylor
• Police still have no suspect
• Childhood friend Rolle doubts burglary
• Gore deals with death of friend
• Taylor's death stirs memories of slain Bronco
• Caps pay tribute to Taylor
• Taylor dies after being shot at home
• Coaches, teammates remember Taylor
• Artery injury suffered by Taylor difficult to treat
• Taylor shot, in critical condition
Reaction• Sando from Redskins' first game after tragedy
• Merrill: Unanswered questions frame Taylor's life
• Granderson: Pursuit of street cred a dangerous choice
• Drehs: Pro athletes feeling targeted
• Chadiha: Taylor's life was turning around
• Pasquarelli: Taylor will be difficult to replace
• Pasquarelli: NFL examining salary-cap impact
• Hill: The grim statistic
• Feldman: Taylor was a special talent
Video• Complete Taylor coverage
Audio• Taylor's ex-attorney's account of tragic night
• Former coach Larry Coker remembers Taylor