Does strength of schedule predict Super Bowl champion?
Does a team's strength of schedule predict how successful its season will be? ESPN.com's research team takes a closer look.
The strength of schedule entering a season is based on opponents' records from the year before; the better the records of the opponents, the higher the strength of schedule. The "actual" strength of schedule is based on the cumulative record of opponents for that season. We went back to 2002, when the NFL implemented its current scheduling formula.
Note: All strength of schedule information came from the Elias Sports Bureau.
In 2007, the Giants' schedule was ...
Read full story
2008 NFL Schedule
Analysis• Hashmarks blog
• Clayton: Degree of difficulty tough for AFC North
• Clayton: NFC East gets primetime showcase
• Sando: Pats-Colts remains marquee matchup
• Walker: Schedule questions (and answers)
• Mosley on MNF schedule
• Complaint dept: AFC | NFC
• Scouts: Intrique list
• Does strength of schedule matter?
SportsNation• Vote: Predict every game!
• Your thoughts on the 2008 schedule?
Schedule breakdowns• 2008 NFL opponents
• Strength of schedule
• Divisional matchups