With Hurricane Gustav moving in, Saints to prepare for opener in Indy
NEW ORLEANS -- A hurricane has driven the Saints out of New Orleans again. They don't plan on being gone nearly as long this time.
With Hurricane Gustav bearing down on the Gulf Coast three years after Katrina swamped New Orleans, the Saints left Saturday for Indianapolis, where they will spend the week preparing for the Sept. 7 opener against Tampa Bay.
The Saints will practice at the Colts' new Lucas Oil Stadium.
The Tampa Bay game is scheduled for the Louisiana Superdome, ...
Read full story
GUSTAV THREATENS NEW ORLEANS
Three years after Hurricane Katrina devastated New Orleans, another hurricane -- Gustav -- hit the Gulf Coast. The storm made landfall on Monday just west of New Orleans, causing significant damage but sparing the city. For the latest, check ABCnews.com. Coverage
Sports world reactsSept. 3
• LSU-Troy game moved to November
• Saints turn attention to football
• Hornets looking forward to return
• Saints to play opener at Superdome on Sunday
• LSU prepares for Baton Rouge home game
• Superdome initially in good shape
• Louisiana schools brace for Gustav
• Lapchick: Memories of tragedy, triumph
• Low: Waiting hardest part for LSU
• Katz: University of New Orleans evacuates
• Saints shift show to Indy as storm approaches
• Low: LSU's next opponent is Gustav