Saints to return to Superdome for opener vs. Bucs
NEW ORLEANS -- The Louisiana Superdome will be ready for some football Sunday, and the Saints say they're looking forward to celebrating the end of a stressful week with their storm-weary fans.
Forced to flee to Indianapolis ahead of Hurricane Gustav, the Saints will be able to open their regular season at home as scheduled against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the team announced Tuesday.
"We will once again showcase to a national audience that the city of New Orleans is made up ...
Read full story
GUSTAV THREATENS NEW ORLEANS
Three years after Hurricane Katrina devastated New Orleans, another hurricane -- Gustav -- hit the Gulf Coast. The storm made landfall on Monday just west of New Orleans, causing significant damage but sparing the city. For the latest, check ABCnews.com. Coverage
Sports world reactsSept. 3
• LSU-Troy game moved to November
• Saints turn attention to football
• Hornets looking forward to return
• Saints to play opener at Superdome on Sunday
• LSU prepares for Baton Rouge home game
• Superdome initially in good shape
• Louisiana schools brace for Gustav
• Lapchick: Memories of tragedy, triumph
• Low: Waiting hardest part for LSU
• Katz: University of New Orleans evacuates
• Saints shift show to Indy as storm approaches
• Low: LSU's next opponent is Gustav