McNabb, others reflect on Obama's historic victory
Donovan McNabb grew up in Chicago never believing he would see a black man become president.
Perhaps that was one reason why the 31-year-old Philadelphia Eagles quarterback didn't register to vote until this election.
McNabb, though, had met Barack Obama, believed in his ideas and supported his policies. Watching Obama deliver his victory speech at Grant Park brought back all sorts of memories.
"It reminded me of, obviously, when Martin Luther King spoke
Read full story
COVERING THE 2008 ELECTION
The 2008 presidential election yielded the nation's first black president in Barack Obama (who relaxed by playing pickup basketball on the day of his election). But a number of sports-related stories were sprinkled throughout the country.
• Kreidler: Kevin Johnson a confident new mayor
• Katz on playing basketball with Obama
• McNabb, other NFL players savor Obama's win
• LeBron: Obama's election 'uplifting'
• Oregon State's Robinson sees brother-in-law become president
• Sports winners: Kevin Johnson, Shuler, Wyche
• Obama could boost Chicago's 2016 bid
• ABCNews.com: Complete coverage
Obama, McCain with BermanPresidential candidates John McCain and Barack Obama spoke with ESPN's Chris Berman during halftime of Monday Night Football the night before the election.
• Watch: Obama | McCain | Story | Transcript
Previous coverage• "OTL:" Obama's bench strength | Watch
• "OTL:" Watch: Palin talks high school hoops
• "OTL:" Pro sports donors
• "OTL:" Candidates Q&A
• "OTL:" Sports figures shy on politics
• "SportsCenter": Obama talks with Stuart Scott
• McCain and Bob Ley
• "E:60": Cindy McCain takes the wheel
• "E:60": Love starting for Obama
• Reilly: Can Obama pick a fantasy team?
• Watch: Ditka for president