Agent: Rose Bowl star to throw at NFL combine
AUSTIN -- Former Texas quarterback Vince Young will throw and meet with teams at next month's NFL combine, but won't run or lift weights, his agent said Friday.
Major Adams said Young won't run or lift because "teams already know he can run and do all that."
Although he has negotiated only one NFL contract (Lewis was a second-round pick from Colorado in 2002), Adams says he can negotiate a top deal for Young, who is expected to be one of the first players drafted in April.
"There's always going to be critics in whatever you do," Adams said. "I don't put my energy into all that."
Young has also hired his uncle, Keith Young, a middle school teacher, to be his business manager, according to family spokeswoman Yolande Lezine.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers not cleared, still under evaluation
- Broncos' Welker still not cleared to practice
- Source: Garvin fined $25K for hit on Huber
- Flacco to wear knee brace against Patriots
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Texas Longhorns #28 Black Replica Football Jersey