Leak signs free-agent contract with Chicago
CHICAGO -- Chris Leak is a Chicago Bear.
Leak, the Florida quarterback who went undrafted in this weekend's NFL draft, signed a free-agent contract with the Bears.
Leak won the college football national championship at Florida last year. His size (a hair under 6 feet tall) was one drawback cited by NFL scouts.
"We were happy that he is with a Super Bowl team like the Bears," his father, Curtis Leak, told the Charlotte Observer on Monday. "It's a good situation for him. That's all that matters to us. I feel great about it."
Leak threw for 2,435 yards and 16 touchdowns last season for Florida.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks' Lynch plans holdout over contract
- Steelers holding off on new Big Ben contract
- Ravens sign suspended former Giants S Hill
- 49ers' Smith: I've stayed sober since Sept.
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Home Game Jersey Chicago Bears Devin Hester #23