P.J. Hill will forgo senior season
Hill, 5 feet 11 and 236 pounds, has already begun training for February's NFL scouting combine.
Hill ranks third on Wisconsin's career rushing list with 3,996 yards and 42 touchdowns.
Hill averaged 5.2 yards per carry throughout his career, often playing through injuries that occurred because of his bruising style of play.
"I just feel the time is right for me to take the next step in my career," Hill said in a statement released by the school. "I would like to thank my teammates, coaches and the Badger fans for the great experience I had during my time at UW."
Joe Schad is a college football reporter for ESPN.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rivers, Chargers hand Broncos rare home loss
- Three men stabbed in Broncos' parking lot
- Rangers take Seahawks QB Wilson in draft
- Bears to start Cutler at QB against Browns
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- JanSport Youth Wisconsin Badgers Red Football T-Shirt