Oregon's Byrd to enter NFL draft
EUGENE, Ore. -- Oregon cornerback Jairus Byrd made himself eligible for the NFL draft, but may reconsider and return for his senior season.
Under NFL rules, players declaring for early draft entry have 72 hours to withdraw and remain in school. The school says Byrd, a junior, will use that window to evaluate his decision.
The son of former San Diego Chargers cornerback Gill Byrd was a first-team all-Pac-10 selection this season. He intercepted five passes and was third in the conference in punt returns.
Byrd has 17 career interceptions, one shy of George Shaw's school record.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Ray Rice wins appeal, can sign with any team
- Janay Rice: 'Never ... have I seen abuse'
- Manziel: Intoxicated fan had toyed with him
- End of an era? Bears place LB Briggs on IR
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Oregon Ducks Green Full-zip Basketball Performance Hoodie