Wolverines junior Warren won't return
Michigan junior cornerback Donovan Warren said Sunday he'll enter the next NFL draft.
"I am confident in my abilities to play any receiver at the next level," Warren said. "I am hoping to be drafted in the first round."
The junior said he was projected to go in the first or second round and has signed with agent Drew Rosenhaus.
Warren, 6-foot, 194 pounds, was a three-year starter for three defensive coordinators.
"It made me mentally tougher and exposed me to different things," Warren said. "I want to bring a hungry, competitive mentality to the NFL."
Warren said he has the versatility to play safety but considers cornerback his natural position.
Joe Schad covers college football for ESPN.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Ravens CB Smith arrested after bar incident
- Browns' Haden: Cleveland title race is on
- Report: DEA looking into NFL painkiller use
- Crabtree responds to Sherman: Tired of talk
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Michigan Wolverines White Sideline Coaches Polo