Penn State's Bowman entering draft
Penn State junior linebacker Navarro Bowman said Monday he will enter the next NFL draft.
"I sat down with my family and the right choice for me is to pursue the next level," Bowman said. "I'm proud of my accomplishments in college but it's also a time to take care of my family."
Bowman, 6-2, 235 pounds, is projected as a likely first-round pick.
"I have played for the best linebackers coach in the country," Bowman said. "He's taught me how to make plays. He's taught me to have sound technique. I have been a part of a great tradition at Penn State. I missed a few games this season, but I feel I really finished the season strong."
Joe Schad is a college football reporter for ESPN.com.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Steve Smith reaches 3-year deal with Ravens
- Colts strike deal with former Giants WR Nicks
- Pats reach deal with suspended CB Browner
- Spikes agrees to contract terms with Buffalo
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Schutt Penn State Nittany Lions Mini Authentic Football Helmet