Penn State's Bowman entering draft
Penn State junior linebacker Navarro Bowman said Monday he will enter the next NFL draft.
"I sat down with my family and the right choice for me is to pursue the next level," Bowman said. "I'm proud of my accomplishments in college but it's also a time to take care of my family."
Bowman, 6-2, 235 pounds, is projected as a likely first-round pick.
"I have played for the best linebackers coach in the country," Bowman said. "He's taught me how to make plays. He's taught me to have sound technique. I have been a part of a great tradition at Penn State. I missed a few games this season, but I feel I really finished the season strong."
Joe Schad is a college football reporter for ESPN.com.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- NFL mulls fine for Lynch's hat, sources say
- Lynch to media: 'You know why I'm here'
- Ex-QB Blake: Deflating footballs common
- Broncos hire Phillips as defensive coordinator
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Penn State Nittany Lions White 'unrivaled' Football T-shirt